Me and the boy decided to play a little hooky and attend a midday Express game. We paid for our lawn seats, grabbed some popcorn and a drink, and got ready for a game. I love spending time with my boys and doing things around town with them. My youngest and I got to spend some one-on-one time and enjoy a baseball game too.
Tips for Attending a Round Rock Express Game
- Bring sunscreen – A few seats are shaded but if you have kids your best (cheapest) bet is to sit on the lawn. Lawn seats are $7-$8 and don’t have shade. After the sun sets it’s a perfect seat but bring some sunscreen just to be safe.
- Find a good seat – Like I mentioned earlier lawn seats are the cheapest but there are others of course. You can purchase tickets in advance or at the game but during some major games seats do sell out! For older kids or kiddos really into baseball get a seat along the first base line. Perfect views! Find a seat on the website – http://www.milb.com/tickets/tickets.jsp?sid=t102
- Have a drink – Everything from craft beer (there’s a beer garden), to shaved ice, cokes, lemonade and pretty much anything you can think of they have it.
- Eat a hotdog – No baseball game is complete without eating a hotdog! If you want something else the ballpark offers tons of options from hamburgers, to tex-mex food! I mean we are in Texas right?
- Have Fun – And most importantly have some fun! Enjoy the game, introduce the great game of baseball to your young ones, and enjoy it. Eat some sunflower seeds, pick up a souvenir, and have a blast. The kids will love it.
Playing Hooky at the Round Rock Express Game
Josh Rodriguez – Texas Dad Blog
Be sure and like Texas Dad Blog on Facebook for Austin happenings, Dad stories, interviews, and much more. Follow us on Twitter:@TexasDadBlog and Instagram:@TexasDadBlog. Also, check our YouTube Channel: youtube.com/texasdadblog as we document all our crazy adventures. Also visit TravelingDad.com for travel deals and tips.